
F marks our start and end point, then it was up to B, Sherwood Forest to see well Robin Hood of course! Robin was actually out and about doing good deeds so we just had a look round the forest really. Not that it was much of a forest, the highlights were this really old oak tree (about 1000 years old I think) and the carrot cake and tea!
After that quick stop it was on to York, marked C on the map. We stayed here one night and had a look round the town centre, the Minster and of course the National Train Museum (yes I did get hassles at work for that one!) I figure when you are from a country that doesn't really have that many trains then a train museum is actually quite interesting! After York it was off to the Yorkshire Dales for some walking. Day 1 we walked for about 3hrs, easy really. Day 2 was a 7-8 hike up and down and all around 20km in all. Boy was I tired after all that (I didn't let Peter post the post walk pics, too unflattering!)
Lots more photos of our trip are here
No comments:
Post a Comment