Saturday, October 28, 2006

Salmonella Dub and Psychic Fairs

Bit of a mixture of things on this weekend, beginning with a Salmonella Dub concert on Friday night in Oxford. Peter went to see them last time they were in Oxford over a year ago! I was feeling very rough as I had a bad cold that I had been nursing all day but as I had booked the tickets I had to go along so Peter could get in. We happened to meet a couple of Kiwi's in the carpark who had driven up from London to see the gig. The kiwi accent is not something we hear often in Oxford so it was very strange to be in a room mainly full of other Kiwis. Once I'd had my double Baileys on ice I was set for the evening and we managed to find a perch on the wall near the air conditioner which I would have been lost without. The band were awesome and it was really great to hear some more kiwi music. It did make me a little homesick, but considering we'll be back in April for my sisters wedding (so exciting!), not homesick enough to want to come home for good (yet)! On the journey back to the car I saw a Salmonella Dub t-shirt in the road on the way back to the carpark. I thought that I may as well pick it up and take it home. However I got to the carpark and saw the people from London were at their car and so I asked them if it was theirs, and it was. They seemed a bit shocked that I had found it and grateful that I had returned it to them. My good deed for the day :-)

The psychic fair wasn't as good as the concert but a bit of a laugh. We went with some friends of ours that I met through my kinesiology training. There were certainly no shortage of strange people there. Although I've always wanted my aura photographed I didn't quite feel up to paying £20 for the experience, ditto for the palm reading, and crystal ball gazing. I did however get some crystals (partly for my kinesiology and partly cause they are pretty), some lovely earrings and some wooden beads.

Once we have sorted through our photos from Sunday, I'll tell you all about our trip to see some very big diamonds and lots of gold....

1 comment:

Bex said...

Oh cool! We missed Salmonella Dub when they were in Dublin the other week - sounds like it was good too!

BTW: a trip to see some big diamonds and lots of gold sounds very suspicious guys! ;-P