Sunday, October 29, 2006

Big Diamonds, Lots of Gold and Some Torture...

...you guessed it, The Tower of London!

For Peter's parents final day in England we went to see the Tower of London and of course the crown jewels. We had a really interesting tour with a Yemon (Beefeater) pointing out some interesting sights of the place. We saw the place where Sir Isaac Newton lived while he worked in the mint in London. What I found totally disturbing was when we walked into the central courtyard with Tower Green on the left I had such a sense of deja vu it was freaky especially when I started to remember a very horrible dream I had about the green. Even more strange when I heard that the green had been used for private executions. There again I did go to the Tower of London for my fifth birthday, but still totally strange how the brain works! Anyway, a littl digression...

The Crown Jewels were amazing, so many jewels all in a crown, and of course all the other stuff.


This isn't my photo, as you can probably guess, if they is a sign that says no photos I don't take photos! And even this photo doesn't do the crown any justice at all. In fact nothing I can say can, so you'll just have to go and see them yourself! Some photos of the surrounds are here.

And you thought it may have been something else, I told you, you'll get a phone call if that happens :-)

No comments: