Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blenheim Palace



For the first Bank Holiday of the year, we had a quiet weekend at home. On Monday the cloudy days finally got to us so we ventured out to Blenheim Palace. A rather grand palace about 20mins drive away. It is the home of the 11th Duke of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Yes, people still live at this huge place. From what Peter and I could tell, the entire top floor and one whole wing is private.

Highlights of the interior were the library and the massive organ in the music room! Amazing.

But for those that know me well will know that the highlight by far for me was the butterfly house, lots of photos taken in there. The photo above is actually of a butterfly that is about 10cm tall/long, it was huge. I tried to get something for scale in there but I couldn't do it without disturbing the butterfly.

Our photos are up on our photos site, enjoy :-)

No comments: