Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Girls (and Rocky) go to Cornwall

So there I am sitting at work when I get an email from my good friend Lisa asking if I wanted to bunk off work for a few days to go to Cornwall with her and her totally adorable puppy, Rocky. What sane person needs to think about such a thing? So I booked some leave and with that we were on our way.

Lisa had booked a lovely holiday place in Mullion Cove, about 4 miles from the southern most tip of England (a long way from Oxford/Reading!) and right next door was a chocolate shop and cafe, what more could you want!

Our days were pretty much spent walking and eating, which given that the weather was pretty good that wasn't a bad way to spend the day.

Cornwall is lovely and it was really nice to be beside the sea again. Rocky provided us with lots of entertainment (as you would expect!) and we even saw two snakes! I did have to do a rather unglamourous climb over the fence to avoid walking over the larger of the two, considering I REALLY don't like snakes I think I did quite well to get this photo...

The very picturesque town of Cadgwith


Rocky, Isn't he just lovely!

Cadgwith from the hill, can't you just imagine the smugglers hiding out here

Lisa and Rocky, treat time for Rocky

We did head to The Lizard which is the southern most tip of England. We had a lovely lunch and I even saw a shop selling Hokey Pokey ice cream! I didn't have my camera so these shots are off my phone, hence the poor quality.
The little tiny sign says beware cliff! They weren't joking it was a big cliff. For England it is surprising how little health and safety precautions were about.
An old lifeboat ramp at Lizard Point
The view from Mullion Cove

No comments: