About 10pm on Friday night we hear a loud thumping on our neighbours door, I knew they weren't there, so I had a look through our spy hole to find two firemen out on the landing. I open up the door and inform them that they aren't home. After a few questions to establish that no we didn't have a key, we didn't know how to contact them etc etc the firemen decided to knock down the door.
Apparently there was water leaking down into the flat below them. I did mention that the flat upstairs had had an overflow problem (ie their overflow pipe had varied between dripping to pouring) over the last 3-4 weeks, but they weren't that interested. Anyway, for those that have been to our place will know that there really isn't that much room to break a door down, but that didn't stop them! There was one guy on the floor (to push the bottom of the door out) and one guy kicking the door, then they changed. It was reassuring to discover that our doors are quite strong! So they eventually get it to discover that the water is coming from the flat upstairs after all!
We went off to bed, early I know but I had an early start in the morning. I woke up to discover that some vandals (not the firemen) had broken our gate, fun fun fun! By broken I mean broken, we have a barrier arm and they had broken it off at the hinge end. Tho joys of living in the centre of town.
4 comments:
Fun! Did you offer to help break the door down!?! That would be fun! :-)
Did you get an opportunity to say "I told you so"? :-)
Nah, surely it would be more fun to sit back and watch some fireman hard at work! Is it just me or is it hot in here? ;)
No we didn't help break the door down. They had to get police clearance to do it. Peter did start laughing when they said that and so I was a little embarrassed and shut the door and told Peter off! To which he laughed at me :-)
Post a Comment