Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Warwick Castle

Well day two of the Easter tiki tour was a trip to Warwick Castle. It was a little bit of a drive but well worth it. I had been there before when I was about 7 and I remember it being much bigger then it was, funny that.

We happened to go during a staged siege at the castle so there was heaps to see and heaps of people.

Highlights were the bowman demonstration and the trebuchet demonstration.

The bowman was ever so slightly mad (probably for show) but he was an excellent marksman and shot a plastic skull of a post.

The trebuchet was huge, it is the biggest in England I think. It took about 15 mins to wind up and about 2 seconds to fire! It was pretty impressive to see it in action.

That evening we went to a little village and saw Peter's band play (his second gig). They are pretty good and as usual a few 'Peter' fans in the audience who thought he was pretty good.

No comments: